We have another customer recipe for you today! Ruth Blohm, a loyal customer of Apple Blossom, has a fabulous Raspberry Torte recipe. Thanks, Ruth, for sharing!
For the flour mixture, you will need…
2 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup cold water
For the raspberry mixture, you will need…
5 cups raspberries
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup water
- Mix together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and butter like pie crust.
- Stir together 1 egg and the 1/2 cup of cold water, and add to flour mixture.
- Set apart 1/4 of the dough for the top crust. Roll out the remainder and put into the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
- In a saucepan, mix raspberries, 1 cup of water, and 1 cup of sugar. Bring to a rolling boil.
- Mix the cornstarch with 1/2 cup water, making sure it is dissolved.
- Mix cornstarch mixture with raspberry mixture to thicken. Pour raspberry mixture over the crust.
- Roll out the dough you put aside and put over top of berries.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 375°
- Let cool, and frost with powdered sugar frosting if desired.
Let us know how you enjoy Ruth’s recipe! Ruth receives a free half-peck of apples from us this fall for her contribution.