This recipe for Raspberry Lemon scones is one of our family favorites! Tart, sweet, and refreshing, the mixture of raspberry and lemon flavors is perfect for a summer snack. Grandma Hanson said these are the best scones she has ever tasted–and that’s saying a lot! They take about 15 minutes to prepare and only 20 minutes to bake, and they are absolutely delicious.
You will need…
– 3 tablespoons sugar
– Zest from 1 lemon
– 2 cups flour
– 1 tbsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 6 tbsp cold butter, cut into cubes
– 1 cup heavy cream
– 1 cup raspberries
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Farenheit.
2. Mix sugar and lemon zest in a large bowl until evenly distributed. Add flour, baking powder, and salt to the bowl and mix.
3. Add cubed butter and cut into the flour mixture until it is the texture of coarse sand.
4. Pour heavy cream and raspberries into flour mixture and fold until the dough begins to come together.
5. Gently knead dough on a lightly floured surface to bring dough together. With flour on your hands, pat the dough into a circle and cut into 8 triangles.
6. Put the scones on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and set. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
7. Optional: Glaze the top of your scones with a mixture of 1 cup powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
8. Enjoy these scones with tea or lemonade on a hot summer day!
Order your raspberries from Apple Blossom today by emailing us or giving us a call–we have plenty on the bushes this year!