Ever wondered what you could do with 10 pounds of blueberries? Well, here is a list of ten things to do with blueberries that will have your mouth watering!
1. Eat them fresh! Blueberries are very low in calories and possess many nutrients such as fiber, minerals, vitamins, and anti-oxidants. Eating them fresh promotes healthy living in more ways than one!
2. Use them fresh as a topping for ice cream, yogurt, dry cereal, oatmeal, salads, and more!
3. Make homemade jam! Here’s what you’ll need…
a. 4 cups of blueberries
b. 1 cup sugar
c. 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
d. Cook all ingredients for about 30 minutes or until thickened! Blueberries have natural pectin, so they will naturally thicken when they are cooked.
4. Freeze them! As with any berry, blueberries freeze very well and last for up to a year or more in your freezer! Click here to find out how.
5. Make blueberry syrup! This syrup is great on waffles, pancakes, in coffee or lemonade, on ice cream, on other fruit–you name it! Click here to find out how.
6. Bake with them! You can make muffins, scones, cakes, pies, cobbler, and much more with blueberries! Click here for a great recipe for Blueberry Cream Cheese Bites from one of our customers.
7. Dehydrate them! Dehydrated berries are a wonderful snack for kids and adults alike. It will take 6 or 7 pounds of blueberries to make 1 pound of dehydrated berries–a wonderful way to use any extra berries you have! It’s simple to dehydrate blueberries. Make sure they are washed first, then lay them out in one layer on your dehydrator and turn it on! If you poke holes in each berry, they will dehydrate faster, but if you do not, they will take a little more than a day to dehydrate completely. Either way, they make a delicious snack and are worth the wait! They will last for 3-6 months on the shelf in an airtight container.
8. Put them fresh or frozen in a smoothie! Our favorite berry smoothie contains approximately…
a. 1/4 cup of blueberries
b. 1/4 cup of raspberries
c. 1/4 cup of strawberries
d. 1 cup of yogurt
e. 1/2 cup of whole milk
f. 1/2 tsp vanilla
g. Maple Syrup to taste
h. Blend all ingredients together in your blender and you have a wonderful, healthy, refreshing drink! The amounts can vary to your taste, smoothies are never an exact science!
9. Decorate with them! They look beautiful on pies, cakes, salads, cheese trays–you can garnish just about anything with blueberries!
10. Last, but not least… Give them away! You can deliver a quart of blueberries to friends, neighbors, the elderly–anyone you can think of! They are guaranteed to put a smile on every face!
What do you do with your blueberries? Let us know in the comments below or email us your recipes and ideas!
We are taking blueberry orders until July 26th, so order your 10 pound boxes of blueberries now–just $32.00 a box! If you buy 4 or more, they are just $30.00 per box! Call us at 920-993-7277 or email us to place your order, and make sure to tell your friends about this great offer!