Happy Summer! Here at Apple Blossom, we have been busy planting and taking care of all of our fruits in their baby stages in hope of a bountiful harvest in the fall. But why wait for fall! We have berries coming up in the next few weeks, including raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries!
Berries are always a fun way to add brilliant colors on the picnic table. People often turn to flowers or other non-edible decorations, but at the orchard we all agree: edible is better! This fun fruit salad is a family favorite that shows up at almost every party and get-together in the summer.
Here’s what you need…
- Shredded coconut
Preparation is simple. Toss all ingredients together in a large, pretty bowl, sprinkle shredded coconut on top, and serve immediately. If you include strawberries, resist cutting them and the delicious treat will keep all that much longer.
Other ideas for this simple treat include:
- Add mint sprigs to add a fresh, clean taste and aroma
- Put any leftovers on top of ice cream for a yummy treat
- Mash your berries and spread them on toast or crackers
- Put your berry salad on cereal in the morning–it tastes great with milk!
- Add other red or blue fruits like strawberries, cherries, or plums to make the colors pop even more
- If you want to add a little zing, mix a tablespoon of lime juice with a tablespoon of honey and drizzle on top. It’s delightful!
We hope you enjoy this salad this summer! Keep checking your email for information about ordering Michigan blueberries–we will have prices in the beginning of July.