Hello, blueberry lovers!
Do you have a lot of blueberries left over in your freezer from last year? Frozen blueberries taste great alone, but they also taste fantastic in baked treats! These muffins are moist and fluffy on the inside and crunchy on the top–the perfect combination, in our opinion.
For the muffins, you will need…
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce (or vegetable oil)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup frozen (or fresh) blueberries
For the crumble, you will need…
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed and room temperature
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and grease muffin tin thoroughly.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Place applesauce (or vegetable oil) into a 1 cup measuring cup. Add the egg and just enough buttermilk to fill the cup. Stir into the flour mixture. Fold in frozen blueberries.
- Equally distribute muffin batter between the muffin cups.
- Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup cubed butter, and 3 teaspoons cinnamon. Cut together with a fork until it resembles small crumbs and sprinkle over the muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes in preheated oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, or until done.
- Let cool and enjoy!
So, empty out your freezer and try out this recipe to let us know what you think!
Order your blueberries now! Each 10lb box is $32.00, and if you buy 4 or more, each box is only $30 each! We are taking orders until Sunday, July 23rd. Order by calling us at 920.993.7277 or sending us an email. Pickup will be from Friday, July 28th to Monday, August 1st. Looking forward to hearing from you!