For the last few weeks, we have had a contest at Apple Blossom during blueberry season, asking our customers to send us their blueberry recipes. The winner for 2017 is Holly Johnson with her delicious Blueberry Banana Bread. She wins a free 10lb box of blueberries from us! Congratulations!
- Here’s what you will need…
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1 tablespoon butter
– 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
– 2/3 cup sugar
– 1 cup mashed very ripe banana (2 medium)
– 1/4 cup milk
– 2 eggs
– 1 cup fresh or frozen (thawed and drained) blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease the bottom of a 9x5x3 loaf pan.
- Mix 1 cup flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and cut 1 tablespoon butter into mixture.
- Stir 3/4 cup oats, 2/3 cup sugar, 1 cup mashed bananas, 1/4 cup milk, and 2 eggs into flour mixture until it is all moist. Beat until all ingredients are mixed together thoroughly.
- Gently fold blueberries into the batter and pour into loaf pan.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes, then loosen the loaf from the sides of a pan. Remove from the pan and place on a wire rack.
- Cool completely before slicing, and enjoy!
Thanks, Holly, for your tasty recipe!